AmpTweaker Tight Metal

Re: AmpTweaker Tight Metal

alltrax74
I built this circuit and I must say that I am totally impressed, it sounds absolutely amazing : loud, heavy tight, brutal. I love it !
I built the trimmer version and wired the gate switch. Actually I might keep it. On high gain settings I agree it's a set and forget position, no switch needed, always on.
But if you roll down the gain knob, the sound becomes too...gated...and if you disangage the switch, it comes back to life, so keeping that option is very usefull on low gain settings.

BUT : this is a high gain distortion, and even if it sounds decent at lower gain settings (without the gate), it's clear it's not made for that use.
So another option to consider would be to remove the switch AND replace the gain pot by a fixed 500k resistor. You really don't want to roll back the gain on this pedal

That said, even with full gain and without the gate, this is a quiet pedal. No squeal at all, just a barelly audible shhhh that the gate switch totally kills. I'm realy impressed how this pedal is silent when engaged and not played.

One mod I did : the Thrash position was too scooped for my taste. I replaced the 100n cap (horizontal one, row u) by a 82n and that did the trick.

Thank you Sir Alex fot another great layout !

Re: AmpTweaker Tight Metal

Muratori Silvia
Hi.The resistor R32=18k, should connect to B14 and not A14.
123