Another useless transistor batch...

traktop
So I ordered a bunch of metal can 2n2222a transistors to tayda to fine tune my superfuzz, but all of them are in the 27-29 hfe range...
Is there something in the world I can built with this...?
Cheers, Gilberto.

Re: Another useless transistor batch...

Beaker
ARGH!!!

Yet another component to add to the "Buyer beware" list.

If it helps, these are very cheap from Greece - 7 Euros or 8 Dollars including shipping, for 100. I've used this seller before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOT-X100-ST2222A-2N2222A-TRANSISTOR-NPN-75V-0-8A-0-5W-SIEMENS-NEW-/221718749758?hash=item339f77a23e:g:wR8AAOSw7aBVCY6m

Also, keep an eye on our favourite Eastern European sellers for Motorola metal can versions.
I got a load of them about 6 months ago for a good price from bg-manue.

Re: Another useless transistor batch...

traktop
Yeah, I better start thinking on ebay again for certain stuff...
Thanks for the link.

Re: Another useless transistor batch...

bogey
I thought i'd check the ones I got this week from Tayda (a bag of 20).

16 measured 230-280 and 4 around 180.

Maybe you just got unlucky with a bad batch.

I would email Tayda, i'm sure they'll send you some more FOC.

Re: Another useless transistor batch...

traktop
Yeah, I will do that, thanks

Re: Another useless transistor batch...

strassercaster
I just got ten a few weeks ago all mine measured 250-290 hfe. Are you sure your meter is good? I just got several bad batches off ali express of 2n5457 they all measured way below specs. 2 different suppliers 50 from each so now i hqave 30 bucks of worthless 2n5457 I had some that measure 1.8v and these all measure under .30v on my tester. totally bummed