Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

anders
This post was updated on .
This is a great "wall of sound" germanium fuzz/distortion with separate gain controls for the second and third transistor. I ditched the Mosfet as a power supply protector and replaced it with a shottky diode.

This one is verified

Description and schematic here

Vero

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

bogey
Built this one a while back but only got back to tweaking and boxing this weekend.

I had to swap lugs 1 and 3 on the lo and hi drive pots, and also twist the legs of my trannies to match the pinout but apart from that this is a great circuit.

The combination of tone/lo/hi controls make this quite a versatile fuzz and I can get sounds that are a fair bit different to other fuzzes I've built.

Anders....I salute you

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

anders
Wow, it sounds good, doesn't it? Which transistors did you ended up with?
I saw you build in the Gutshot thread and I'm very impressed.

I've updated the layout above, swapped the connections of the pots.

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

bogey
Anders...great circuit and yes indeed it does sound good.

I'm away for the weekend so can't say which trannies are in there at the moment but i'll report back in this thread when I can.

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

anders
Revisited this circuit since I felt the tonecontrol was a bit limiting for my needs. Instead I built it with the tonestack from RnFR's H Fuzz and it is now a  much more versitale Doom Machine. Also changed the values and taper of the Gain and Low Drive controls.
Many old soviet transistors sounds great in this circuit, I ended up with MP20B's, Hfe 77 for Q1, Hfe 105 for Q2 and Hfe 110 for Q3

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

RNFR
Hey guys! Glad you’re digging the circuit! I’ve been out of the game for a while, but seeing this is making me want to pick up the iron again! I’ll definitely link it to my blog. Thanks again.

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

Hozy31
Where does Tone 2 go to on the revised board?
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Also where does Volume 3 go on revised layout?

anders
Oooops, Tone 2 should go to Volume 3

Re: Apocalypse Audio Panzer Fuzz

Hozy31