BC108 and BC 109 from colour sound one knob fuzz CBE direction?

BC108 and BC 109 from colour sound one knob fuzz CBE direction?

lucas abela
ok so im building a colour sound one knob fuzz as my first project as it seamed a pretty simple design

im up to the transistors BC108 and BC109 but they are round but do not have the half circle to help indicate the orientation for the B C and E lugs

of the three lugs two are parrrarell and the middle one is set back a little

should i assume this indicates a left facie being the flat side half circle with C up top B in the middle (offset post) and E at the bottom?

there is also a tiny tab near what i suspect is the E (see image)

Re: BC108 and BC 109 from colour sound one knob fuzz CBE direction?

lucas abela
unsoldered but think this is correct let me know if i'm stupid before i make it permanent

Re: BC108 and BC 109 from colour sound one knob fuzz CBE direction?

iggy
the little tab on those should indicate the emitter leg. All the ones I have are all CBE order. So the tab is the emitter, middle will be the base and farthest away from the tab should be the collector. just match those to the letters on the layout ad you should be good to go.

Re: BC108 and BC 109 from colour sound one knob fuzz CBE direction?

iggy
as far as i can see that looks good. why not put in a socket for each transistor. so you can test different transistors and gains in the circuit. Plus if you get it wrong you can pop it out and turn it around. easy way to try different parts to see what \works best for your gear and ear.

Re: BC108 and BC 109 from colour sound one knob fuzz CBE direction?

also keep in mind, that you should always have the datasheet for the transistors you are going to use. just do a google search and you'll find it. transistors like that are known as metal can ,and i think they're TO-18 packages too.