BK Butler Bluetube driver

Re: BK Butler Bluetube driver

You probably have a mistake in the wiring or an inadequate power supply

Re: BK Butler Bluetube driver

kragg
Hi, Travis.
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, obviously, I think i messed up somewhere, buti can't figure out where
The loud hum might be a power supply issue (i need to find another one), but the led issue tells me that my wiring is wrong at some point.

I will check again my wiring, but i also posted here, because this layout is among of the rare ones tagged "unverified" on tagboardeffects, so i would be curious to get some feedback from users who build it and had it working. Maybe there is some hints or tips , or maybe that such behaviour happened to some builders previously ?

Re: BK Butler Bluetube driver

kragg
Hello !
So, it's all good, it's working now :)

- one of the ground wires was not connected as it should have, causing all the buzzing and the leds not working;

- The "trebble" pot is still acting very strangely (cutting a lot of bass. In fact, it cuts much more bass than it boosts the highs), but maybe that's the way it is designed ?

- One thing to mention for future builders : i had a 10R resistor on the 12V input (in order to minimize noise as advised). When i tried to use another 12V power supply, it took less than 2 seconds to see smoke coming from the pedal, and the 10R resistor was smoking and got black. The enw power supply i used was rated for 2A (while the previous one delivered 300mA), so maybe that was the cause ?

With all the advices provided, it is a very noise-free pedal : i have no noise, no hiss, no hum (and no smoke, ah ah !).
Thank you all for the advices... and thank you John Kallas for the great layout !

Re: BK Butler Bluetube driver

nonost
Hi! What's the difference between this and the tube driver? This version has the middle pot, is it the only difference?

Cheers!

Re: BK Butler Bluetube driver

nonost
Ey John, is it a 532 enclosure? It looks larger to me.

I want to build one and really like these box!

Cheers!
1234