Barbarello Fuzz

boratto

Re: Barbarello Fuzz

glasspak73
probly a dumb question but can i use a L78L05 in place of the L78L33? If the voltage out is to high couldnt i use a trimmer to dial it down to the correct voltage? and if so what should the correct voltage be?

Re: Barbarello Fuzz

Not a stupid question at all man. I checked the datasheet and the l78l05 is a 5v regulator while the 78l33 is. 3.3v regulator. They are not interchangeable as you will not get enough voltage from the l78l33, because the l78l05 is a 5v regulator.

Re: Barbarello Fuzz

Silver Blues
No, the circuit calls for a 78L33. If you use a 78L05 you'll get too much voltage out of it.

Presumably yes though you could use a trimmer to dial the voltage down from 5 to 3.3v. Seems like a lot of work though

Re: Barbarello Fuzz

glasspak73
I only have the L78L05 so i used a few zener diodes in series to drop the voltage on the output pin to 3.6v, i'm hopeing this will work til i get the L33 in.thanks for the info

Re: Barbarello Fuzz

Oh man. Nice catch silver. That's what I get for writing a response while drunk at the festival the other day. Unfortunately, now I'm on my way home from the airport and back to reality.

Re: Barbarello Fuzz

Silver Blues
Haha no problem man. Yeah reality's a bit of a downer isn't it? I've been on vacation for like three weeks now and will be until September, it's going to be a chore to get reacquainted with life