Battery to adaptor?

Marbles
Ok, This might sound weird, or not, but thought I'd double check.. Is it easy to just take a cable from say your voodoo lab power supply, with a barrel, and solder it to a battery snap? So I can power pedals with a battery?

I know this sounds totally backwards, but I never add a battery snap to pedals lately, I tend to play guitar in my living room as well, and my pedalpowerthings are all mounted underneath my boards. Which means I have to find a one spot, which is too short, so get an extension chord etc. By the time I'm done, it's a cably mess and I lost the nood to play with a pedal..

So I thought: Barrel connection to connect to DC of the pedal, where I can plug a battery in. It's small, fast, though a bit odd haha.

I'm not missing anything right? There should be just 2 wires inside?

Re: Battery to adaptor?

Ciaran Haslett
No problem.  I made exactly this to test a pedal AFTER I have it boxed...just in case I accidentally shorted something to the enclosure.  Just remember...centre negative lol

Re: Battery to adaptor?

I have one too - and for the same reason as Ciaran. I use it to double check for short circuit issues before powering it with my power supply.

Re: Battery to adaptor?

Marbles
Thanks Guys!

Just double checking, thanks for the quick reply! Maybe I should start doing that too :D

Re: Battery to adaptor?

Zanius
My trusty battery adapter is always on my table (or around)

Re: Battery to adaptor?

Marbles
It's so simple and handy I don't understand why I didn't think about using somethinjg like this before :/