Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

boratto
This post was updated on .
Same as the classic Bazz Fuss Deluxe, and first try on layout creator.
Just added one Ge diode.

The Tone "Thickness' control seems to be not so effective. Any suggestion for improve this one?

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

dexxyy
The thickness will not work properly as it isn`t connected properly, for me the addition of the Ge diode does nothing for this circuit, a better mod would probably be to add a diode lift switch for a nice clean(ish) boost as the thickness pot does a decent job of fattening the tone. Here`s a layout I have breadboarded and the thickness works

If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

boratto
Wow Dexxy, it looks awesome! Thank you! This is excelent and will be my next building. You just improved the classic of the classics DIY, as you must know.

Other question: What do you think on 2 Ge? (i am afraid it gets too weak. or a drop on output volume).

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

boratto
Build this one, but not worked as expected. The effect seems weak, output is low, and it´s super gated.

check your build for solder bridges. I breadboarded this and it work.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

Dave
I've built this circuit several times (or variations of..) and Dexxy's layout looks good to me, check your transistor is the right way round as well, and also that your diode(s) are the right way around.
Cheers
Dave

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

boratto
Verified!
THE TONE CONTROL IS AMAZING, VERY EFFECTIVE, EXCELENT RANGE!

Amazing improvement on original circuit.

Many thanks!

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

boratto
I´m check in this old one, and seems that the tone controls is a bit different position on this schematic... does it make sense, or i´m wrong?

Re: Bazz Fuss two diodes | mod suggestions

RadTad69
Hey Boratto,

I'm having a similar problem with the effect being weak. What did you do to fix it?