Because of curiosity.

Ravenswerld
Of the hundreds of layouts which one do you think has been built the most? Also, which od is the most popular? Which fuzz?

Thnx!
mug

Re: Because of curiosity.

mug
My (obvious) guess would be Tubescreamer, some muff variant and fuzz face.

And of course the offboard wiring

Re: Because of curiosity.

The Cornish Buffer and SHO must be up there considering how simple they are.  And I reckon the EM Drive will be as well, the amount of times here and on other forums where people have said they've made it is massive.

Re: Because of curiosity.

i think it's a tough call. here's what i think in no particular order.

OD:
1. Tubescreamer
2. Klon
3. ZenDrive
4. Honeybee

Fuzz:
1. Big Muff (Most Pop - Ramshead, Triangle, Russian Green; Least Pop - IC)
2. FuzzFace & 1 Knob Fuzz
3. Tonebender

Distortion:
1. RAT
2. DOD250, MXR+, Ross Distortion, Etc.
3. Germanium Giant
4. Earthquaker Talons

Booster:
1 SHO
2. Rangemaster

Amp Sim/Preamp:
1. Dirty Little Secret
2. Sunn Model T Preamp
3. Galileo
4. Orange Citrus

Delay:
1. Deep Blue Delay

Modulation:
1. MXR Phase 90/45

All Around:
1. Not a clue

Re: Because of curiosity.

velouriafx
I built over 200 models and never built a Honeybee haha
I will try one soon. Worth it?

Re: Because of curiosity.

Marbles
I'm pretty sure it will be:

Fulltone OCD
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Zvex SHO

Re: Because of curiosity.

Ravenswerld
I have not built the honey bee either! I attempted but failed. Then the fetto was built and didn't feel the neeed to build anymore drives.

Re: Because of curiosity.

I only think of the honeybee because just like the klon it has legendary status, warranted or not, and there aren't many real ones from BJFE floating around and the ones that are are stupid expensive. I think it's a nice light-medium OD personally, and very natural sounding.

Re: Because of curiosity.

Ravenswerld
Ya, I have plans on making one some day. Just have pin got around to it. Currently building a klon. They sound good to. I think my three fav drives as of yet are fetto, zen, klon.