Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

willwaush
Hi guys.
I recently purchased an effect, a Boss Ce1 and I noticed right away that there seems to be a sort of "boost" circuit integrated into it because it's not True Bypass.
I really like the crunchy tone that it gives when you place this effect into the signal chain, and I would like to build a single "boost" true bypass effect to get THIS crunch without having a crunchy chorus all the time going on.

Could anyone give me some hints about what to extrapolate from the schematic in order to build an effect that works exactly like the bypassed "clean" signal of the CE1? From what I see a layout that includes the "Mic Amp" section, then the IC-1 and IC-3 section and then straight to out should be fine.

From this point of view there shouldn't be any problems... but the power required it's really strange! +-13 and 14 Volts. Anyone has a any sort of strange inverter/pump in mind?

Here's the schematic. Obviously at the end of all I would love to have a vero schematic to build and fire up this thing! :D
Thanks for helping!

CE1 schematic
http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Chorus/Boss%20CE-1.gif

Charge pump /inverter

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

willwaush
Any ideas?

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

willwaush

Could anyone verify this? I made it by myself :)

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

BrandonU
I was interested in the CE 1 Preamp as well. Has this been tried out?

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

Teddeeh
Thank you man!!!! I will give this a go in the morning

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

Teddeeh
Apologies for the late reply,
It works, used an A50k pot as i think. But. It worked once. Briefly. Burnt 2 7660’s out inthink with this. As when it didnt work the voltage ic just got very hot.

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

Teddeeh
Hi, i dont know why this is in the verified section? I had said i breifly got sound but unpess someone else has verified?

Re: Boss Ce1 Boost // Overdrive

velouriafx
I believe the ic is a dual op amp and not a single, but i can be wrong