Boss OD-1 with Quad Opamp - verified layout

Boss OD-1 with Quad Opamp - verified layout

aelling
This post was updated on .
Sorry, no modded Select-a-fuzz today, used the last B10K I had on this one

You can find the dual opamp version on the main site, I figured I'd make one using the quad opamp from BYOC's schematic. I build it using a TL074 and compared it to my father's OD-1 that has a quad, and it's pretty darn close. Analog man uses JRC3403D for his mods, original RC3403ADB's might be hard to find but other quads work here as well.

Some mods from BYOC's site (C3 & R5 are the 47nF/4.7K from pin2 to Vref):
1. Replace C3 and R5 with a .33uF film capacitor and 3.3k resistor. This will give it more available gain, restore low end, and a flat EQ response.
2. Replace the clipping diodes with two red LED's. This will give the overdrive a slightly crunchier texture and reduce compression. It will also add a little extra volume.

Here's a demo of a guy comparing the dual opamp to a quad modded by Analog Man:

Layout:

Re: Boss OD-1 with Quad Opamp - verified layout

roseblood11
Do you know if the Analog Man pedal uses all four opamps of the 3403? It would be more or less a complete rebuild on an existing layout. Or does he use only two and keeps the transistor buffers in place?

Re: Boss OD-1 with Quad Opamp - verified layout

aelling
I have no idea, sorry.

Re: Boss OD-1 with Quad Opamp - verified layout

solderholic_JPN
Hello aelling .
I made OD1_Quad with Buffer by your layout.
It sounds very very good.
Thank you for your idea.