Boxing in a B-Enclosure --> Trouble

TheMajor
Hi, I am trying to box a MI Audio Crunch box circuit in a 1590B Enclose but I dont know how to do it best. I just worked with 1590BBs before. The circuit is on top of the 3 pots so how in hell should I solder this together ? Everything outside the box and then squeezing it in ? Or what am I supposed to do.

Re: Boxing in a B-Enclosure --> Trouble

GoranP

This is my Crunchbox v2 in a 125B. Is that the one you are talking about?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uzEd_y4na5s/UcMwrwClExI/AAAAAAAAA7c/-xx3WfSWjeU/w467-h771-no/CB3.jpg

I seem to have lost the gutshots, would you like me to open it up?

Re: Boxing in a B-Enclosure --> Trouble

JaviCAP
Drill the box as  you want, then get a carboard and copy the holes postions.  Drill the cardboard and place the pots there.

Now you have a replica of  their final position. Do the offboard wiring there, and once finished, you  just have to put it inside the enclosure.

BR

Re: Boxing in a B-Enclosure --> Trouble

GoranP
What Javi said. When it's a tight fit I also solder pots outside of the box, only I use the box turned upside down (screw the pots in with the terminals on the outside, no cardboard necessary) and when done just turn the box over and stuff it in. Mind the jacks, though. When the box is on the inside, left/right are reversed.
No, I never made that mistake...

Naturally, this works perfectly with symmetrical boxes, once you start putting pots and footswitches all over the place, cardboard may become necessary.