Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo

Re: Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo

Skajaquada
This post was updated on .
Hey Alex, I've given this build a shot, but I'm getting some very strange results.

The only control that seems to work for me is the Volume.  The Rate, Depth, and Waveform pots/trimmers do nothing.  The switch does nothing either, except in the bottom position, it cuts all sound completely.  The only sound I'm getting is an unpleasant overdrive.

I've gone over the usual things - checked my tracks for solder bridges, double and triple checked the layout to make sure I had everything in the right place.  I've noticed two things:

First, the upper portion of the layout doesn't match with the "partsless" portion of the layout which shows cuts and links.  The link at the bottom of the TL062 is one row shorter in the bottom view, and the link on the rightmost 10K trimmer is two rows longer in the bottom view.  I've checked my bias of the three J201s, and my Q3 is acting wonky - I bias it to ~3.5V but after I set it, I play a bit to test, and recheck the bias which shows over 8V and then slowly falls back down to the 3.5ish volts I originally had it set to.  Does this indicate a bad J201? Or might the links have something to do with it?  I built the trimmer layout and my links followed the bare view, but I redid the TL062 link to match the top view.

Any thoughts?  Not really sure how to proceed at this point...

Edit:  I should also say that I'm using an SPDT on-off-on switch rather than a DPDT, since only 3 lugs were used.  Unless the lugs are supposed to be numbered left to right, rather than as IC pins are numbered?
12