Catalinbread Galileo MKII

Alex
Not verified yet.

RE: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
I think this is already posted. But if it is different, what are the differences.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

This is version 2. It's supposed to be an improved version, without the boost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK2UfDS6nn4

Hella yeah! This one is on the must list!
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

RE: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

Frank_NH
Yeah, this looks uber cool!   I haven't been building a lot lately, but maybe this will be the one to kick start some new projects.

Re: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

Iago
Cool, I just finished a layout for this one - sould have imagined someone would have done it in 2-days time LOL!

Mine turned out 21x19 with 20 holes and 9 links though.  I'd prefer to try from yours!

Has this been verified yet?
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

RE: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

Frank_NH
I noticed that the topology of this is similar to the Sabbra pedal (boost -> dual mu amp stages).  Even the jfets are the same (mpf4393).  If I build this I'll use J202s like I did with Sabbra.

RE: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

Sven
Hey,
I built it and it works. But i must admit, that it is very noisy. The Noise can be reduced a little bit with an 100R resistor between 9V and the circuit.
And i think that the connections on the Gain has to be swapped. 1&2  should go to the 47uf and 3 to ground. Just take a look at the  Sabra Cadabra and the Heat pot  from the Naga Viper. With this changes it sounds better to my ears.

thanks for the layout

Re: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

tinkercreek
Finally got this one finished and tested. Layout worked fine for my build. Loads of gain. I did swap out the 47p in the tone section. Little too much high end for my taste. i swapped in a 10p. Tone is much more usable with the 10p for my guitars and amps.

RE: Catalinbread Galileo MKII

motterpaul
The Sabra Cadabra is also a noisy circuit - but the noise on mine got tamed once it was in a box.