Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
This post was updated on .
Hello. Clark Gainster is one of my favorite FXs. 630V tubular caps for 100n and 47n silver mica for 120p Axial philips for 47u opamp LF353 or oters(SR over 13V/us) 1N4148 for diodes Resistor 22k(2W)

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

Nice, thanks for the info, and for your other threads too

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Very Thank you,Mark. I call you "ShiShoh" in Japanese(MASTER in English). Your HP"Guitar FX Layouts " is very very useful for me.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

Thank you very much, glad you enjoy the site.  The other contributors are the real masters though, I'm the mostly silent member now

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

Explorerman
Nice work!  I’m looking at building one of these and have a couple of questions - I see the 22k is 2w, what wattage are the other resistors? 1/2w?
I want to use all Nos components, what are the details of the 2n2 capacitor - russian pio? voltage rating (I see the 100n and 47n are rated at 630v)?
Where is the best place to source these components? is ebay reliable?

Thanks

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Thanks,Mr.Explorerman.
Other resistors are  1/2w.As this pic is Original Gainster,I don't know maker of Original caps.
I used versatile caps : Mallory 150's 630v.I buy parts at Yahoo Japan auction.
It is cheap and has good quality.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

Explorerman
Thanks, and what voltage is the 47uF?  (i’m conscious of space on vero as the height the voltage rating the larger the cap gets).

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Adding 50uF 50v  pic.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Hello.Original Gain Ster has SPRAGUE ATOM 50uF 50V CAP.
( I can see  it  50V)
I post 50uF 50V CAP pic.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Adding Gainster cicuit.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Sorry,I don't have knowledge of Resistor structure.
I post my selfmade Gainster pic  about Resistorc.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Adding my selfmade Gainster.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
adding gainster pics from web.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

Explorerman
This post was updated on .
Thanks again for posting more detail!  I’ve built a circuit using regular components till my pio caps and other mojo parts arrive, this circuit sounds awesome!  Just doing some comparison tests between 1n4148, nos mil spec 1N4148 and 1S1588 diodes on my test rig.  The difference is only very subtle.

FV of the diodes (I don’t know much about the characteristic):
- 1N4148 - 0.6v
- NOS MS 1N4148 - 0.568v
- 1S1588 - 0.592v

I’m torn between the 1S1588 and NOS 1N4148’s.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P

solderholic_JPN
Adding Ver2 layout.

Re: Clark Gainster P2P