Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

bogey

Nothing too elaborate but it's better than the dining table

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Silver Blues
Yeah I've got some furniture incoming, I might snap a pic when I get it all set up. Anything is better than the dinner table...

RE: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Chris60601
Ppfftt!! 👀
What's wrong with the dinning room table ⁉ I dislike y'all

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

RE: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

bogey
I didn't mind the table personally,but the wife got sick of picking resistors out of her food so she kicked me out.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

iggy
hhahahaha that looks so familar.
solder iron, check
parts bins, check
toaster oven, check.
frowning wife, optional
now you just need a bunch of packages from Bulgaria, Ukraine and China laying around.

looks good. congrats.

that's not a huge tv on the wall is it?

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Looks good, and nothing wrong with it at all. I finally got to build my one workspace, everyone had probably seen it, but since you asked for others to post theirs here's mine.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Synsound
My set up is based on mobility. I set up wherever I can (home or elsewhere)
In addition to the case I keep a laptop bag that totes the computer as well asy pots and off board hardware.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Muadzin

I have since upgraded the soldering iron to a digital soldering station.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

negativefx

Almost finished redoing my office to support my workshop as well.  Prior to that it was kitchen table and a mobile set of tool boxes.  Just finished getting most of the shelving up.  Might put another cubby on the left like I have on the right of the upright shelving.

Total for all the shelving was about $100-120 from Ikea plus wall anchors and a few other odds and ends.  There's LED lights underneath the tall shelf right in front of the wire spindle.

It's in my home office that I use for my job.  Yes, I tend to solder while on conference calls.

Also:  holy hell muadzin... my wife or my OCD would murder me if that was my work space.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Ed Nice
Right, I have no idea why two of you have ovens but I want one now. :(

The only thing worse than 'All the gear, no idea' is 'None of the gear, no idea'... :)

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Silver Blues
I think it's for quickly drying paint. I should get myself one, waiting for paint on enclosures to dry sucks (and increases the chance for dust to cling to your coat, which is infuriating).

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

That's what mine is for. When I paint my enclosure I bake the paint. It not only dries faster, but harder and ends up more durable. So instead of taking a few days to do an enclosure I can etch it, do the base coat, sand away to show the etching, the clear it in a few hours. It's definitely the way to go.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

negativefx
Wait, wtf?  I can use a toaster oven to speed up paint and clearcoat????

Also, what tools/supplies do I need to etch?  Lately, I've just been stamping bare aluminum enclosures with various colors of StazOn... looks gangsta.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

kirshman
I love my $5 Salvation Army toaster oven! Speeds up the painting process so much.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Haha. I know, right? It was a godsend when I found that out. Just get a cheap ass toaster oven, don't use the same one for food, I think mine was $15 at Walmart new, use something to hold the enclosure off the tray, I use hinges and paint off the tray. The only thing you need really is and iron, laser printer, I use Ferric Chloride to etch, and two plastic containers.

If you want man I can make a tutorial on etching. Well on the whole process I do from start to finish, painting and all. I can do it next week when I get back from the festival I'm going to this weekend.

Re: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

iggy
Rockett,

would love to see some of your etched boxes. And if you have time to put together a tutorial that would be awesome. You Da Man!!!!

I'm still struggling on making my finished boxes look good as I'd like.

I'd love a tutorial on etching

RE: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
I would like to see an etching of a tutorial 😜
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

RE: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

No problem. I'll do one when I get back from Cali next week. I've got a few designs that are ready to go on an enclosure.

Btw, iggy I got some that are posted in the pedal show off thread.

RE: Cleared myself a workspace in the garage.Why not show us yours?

iggy
I'll go take a look. Thanks
12