Converting 9 volt pedal circuit to 24 volt circuit?

Converting 9 volt pedal circuit to 24 volt circuit?

Charlie
Ok, I'm new here... yay! I usually don't get involved in forums and discussions and just try to search for answers myself, but I have a question about pedal circuits. I would like to make a pedal circuit be able to run at 24 volts. Particularly, the madbean baja compressor. Now, if you know of an optical layout that already runs off 24 volt, well that would be better. I'm looking for the 24 volt for higher headroom for recording/mixing vocals. Is it possible to make such a conversion? If not, can you point me in the right direction?  BTW, if you can't tell, I'm also fairly new to electronics. I've built a couple super easy electret condenser Mics, and that's it. I'm very appreciative of any help. Thank you.

Charlie

Re: Converting 9 volt pedal circuit to 24 volt circuit?

Boba7

Re: Converting 9 volt pedal circuit to 24 volt circuit?

Boba7
To quiet any noise I’d stick a 47r/100uf in line with both the input (9v) and output (24v)

Re: Converting 9 volt pedal circuit to 24 volt circuit?

reddesert
I don't see anything in that circuit that would absolutely not work at 24V supply. However, you might have to tweak some values in the sidechain (the part of the schematic that controls the LEDs and thus the gain/compression). A schematic is at http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=14315&mode=view .

I think the 2 series diodes at bottom right are providing a 1.4 V offset voltage from Vbias (0.5 Vsupply) to limit the signal when it goes above 1.4V. If you have larger signals you might need to change those (insert more diodes?)

The 560 ohm resistor at bottom right, between the output of the last op-amp in the sidechain and the 5mm yellow LEDs, is a current limiting resistor for the LEDs that light up based on the signal voltage after it passes through the limiter. With larger signals, you may need to increase this resistor to tune the compression to work well.

Bahahahahaha! If I would've just read a little further. That seems like it would do the trick. Thank you.

Re: Converting 9 volt pedal circuit to 24 volt circuit?

Charlie
reddesert wrote
[...]

Dude, hell yeah! Thanks. I was wondering about the LEDs, in particular, I was wondering if I needed to change the resistor for the indicator LED too, somit wont blow up? You guys have been most helpful. Thanks again.