Craig Anderton Envelope controlled Phase Shifter

Re: Craig Anderton - Envelope controlled Phase Shifter

velouriafx

Yes, the offset control does not please me either. The symmetry is not good. The LED has a very small variation and when it goes off, there is a very abrupt change. The ideal would be to find the resistor that controls this. Or adjust some resistor that curse the pot only at zero or almost this, completely erase the led. That way there would be a large amplitude in the modulation in which the led would light up slowly. Thus, the LED would be almost off at the beginning of the wave stroke and then well lit. Maybe try to change something about it yet. I switched the 47k to 33k and the 2k2 to 3k3.

Hey, MAO. The pedal was boxed today. The LDRs were not with heat shrink. I still have a bit of distortion. I will further decrease the resistor. Mainly in acute configurations. In fact, there is a very large difference between acute and severe volume. I also have a ticking that I had not noticed before. Did you also have problems with ticking? Thank you for your attention.

Re: Craig Anderton - Envelope controlled Phase Shifter

velouriafx
I recorded a video of the pedal. I'll still make minor adjustments. The first one is to separate the DC sources to eliminate the tickings. I also have a bit of distortion depending on the resonance setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha5L5Ir6SvA&t=0s

Anyone built the second version? I built and the 7660 is getting hot
MAO

Re: Craig Anderton - Envelope controlled Phase Shifter

MAO
Hello velouriafx

I'm sorry I missed your last two posts.

Great video!

I have one ready to box up, but I don't recall which layout it is.

I will check tonight and get back to you.

Note: I do believe Craig Anderton mentioned in the original design notes to much Resonance may give distortion.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Craig Anderton - Envelope controlled Phase Shifter

mercury6
this is really awesome and want to know if you guys solved distortion issues?I heard that sometimes voltage convertors can cause noise and issues. maybe its the voltage convertor? u prob know much more than me but thought id throw that out anyways
12