Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
This post was updated on .
here is an other layout from crazy tube circuits
starlight

schem, photos and more info here
http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21265&p=216917&hilit=Crazy+Tube+Circuits#p216917

and my layout here

EDIT: USE THE SECOND LAYOUT CAUSE THIS ONE HAS THE DIODE IN THE WRONG WAY

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

Kinski
Very cool! Which mosfet should be used?

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
Thanks mate.they' re connected as clipers. So my guess is whatever you got.2n7000 maybe?i'm not familiar with that kind of use with mosfets though, so.......!!

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

Hozy31
OK, so had a spare bit of time today and noticed this, so built it. Strange thing is when i plug it in half the pedals in my chain turn off. Ive gone through all the usual culprits and all seems fine. In all my builds i have never had one do that before. I used 2N5457s and 2N7000 for the MOSFET clippers. Any suggestions?
Nice layout!

EDIT: It may be that i have a dodgy DC socket, not that i have had one before, but its possible. I 'll check that later during the week and post back.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

Alex
Great Layout Savvas!
You need to invert D1. It is wrongly orientated.

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
ooooo!!!
thanks for that Alex!

HERE IS THE RIGHT ONE

Hey Hozy!
hope you didn't burned any other pedal or your supply from my mistake! as Alex found, i had the D1 the wrong way.

Thanks Savvas. Fortunately not it just seemed to switch the power off to them. I will try and get time to verify it later.

Verified!!! This is a really good Fuzz/Distortion. Had a couple of dodgy 4547s in there so soldered up some SMD J201s and biased the appropriate drains to 4.5v. Worth a build IMO. Cheers Savvas

Nice!
I'm thinking of putting this and the Ziggy in one box.

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
that's great news mate! i'll build that one too asap!
cheers!

Re: Crazy Tube Circuits - Starlight

BetterOffShred
Yeah, parts ordered.   I don't care if Pete Thorn used this and now doesn't .. It sounds amaze-sauce.  I cant wait to jam it.  Thanks Savvas