Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

jwroper
So I saw Fu Manchu last night and Bob Balch sounded awesome. Not sure how the creepy fingers version differs from the normal fuzz face but this would be ace. Is it possible?

http://www.effectsbay.com/2012/01/talking-about-guitar-effects-with-bob-balch-of-fu-manchu-and-playthisriff-com/

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

It's been posted on the main page for over a year. Do a search for it. If you can't find it, go on google type in "tagboardeffects creepy fingers" and you'll get it. Try to search first before making requests to make sure that it's not something that's been done.

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

jwroper
I'm after the Ge version that Bob uses, not the Si.

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

Ahh. That's a different animal. Both are called the creepy face, so it wasn't clear. The layout should be fairly similar to the Si version, with the electrolytics reversed, and different resistors for basing. Do you have a gut shot? If you do I can make changes the the fuzzface layout for ya. That should be a quickly.

Btw, if I'm not mistaken a lot of the creepyfingers pedals are not the same pedal to pedal. I played 3 different ones in a store once, new I opened them up to change the battery between them I remember seeing some differences in components. But, I can't tell you what since I wasn't into building effects at that time, and can't go and see cause the store no longer is there.

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

The thing that is unique about this version of the creepy face is the bias control.

It's a switched pot wired so that when you turn it all the way down and click the switch it bypasses the pot and gives you a proper bias. When you click the bias pot on it seems to mostly just be cool starved sounds, no real proper bias setting on there.

So we'd need to know the value of that pot and any resistors that may be in series with it

Aside from that is seems to be a standard FF, and I even happen to have the same exact RCA transistors as the original

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

zerosadness
Hi really want this one, all the infos will be thanked :D

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

zerosadness

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

zerosadness
This PDF can help, I've find some values, if someone have others ideas, it will be great :)

http://turretboard.knucklehead.dk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/creepy_si_fuzz.pdf

Board:
33K
Another 33K on fuzz pot? orange orangeā€¦? -> to fuzz pot
1K
100K
330 ohms? on the right
0,047uF
blue cap
blue cap

Pots:
6,8K mounted on pot/switch
Vol pot
Fuzz pot
Pot/switch bias

RCA Germanium transistor, 139?

Metal film resistor for LED intensity

Re: Creepy Fingers 'Creepy Face'

zosotone
The germanium version has two NOS RCA 2N404 transistors. I think that it's a simple fuzz face pedal with a bias pot.