Cuts and link layout - newbie question

patrice4guitarfx
This is a total newbie question, sorry in advance.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2012/12/orpheum-fuzz.html

In a cuts and links layout like this one, practically links are pretty easy to do, just solder a little wire. How about the cuts? How are you guys doing them, simply scraping the copper? Or drilling a bigger hole?

Thanks much.

Re: Cuts and link layout - newbie question

vick
i run a small drill bit a little bigger then the hole (using a drill) then use a drill bit a little bit larger then the strip and twist it by hand to complete the cut.

Re: Cuts and link layout - newbie question

Re: Cuts and link layout - newbie question

Milkit
+1 for Marks suggestion.  I bought two & removed the handle of one of them, removed the flanges on the shaft of the tool itself & placed it in my mini-drill!  But that's just because I'm a lazy sod!  Using them manually provides a lot more finesse.
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Cuts and link layout - newbie question

patrice4guitarfx
You guys are great (especially Milkit's look), thanks for the help.

Re: Cuts and link layout - newbie question

Geiri
I use a battery powered drill and I do the cuts super fast that way. Faster than manually, which I used to do.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Cuts and link layout - newbie question

I put a 9/16" drill bit in a hand vise and just do it manually, turning the bit until the track is separated, I don't actually drill through the board at all.