DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

anders
Here is a great sounding variation of Colorsound One Knob Fuzz/Meathead. This one is verified and I used a BC108B for Q1 and a BC109C for Q2.

HERE is a schematic

Great for down tuned stoner rock.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Nice one Anders! I'm still kicking myself for not buying one of these when I saw it for under $100. DAM makes the best shit

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

anders
Agreed! Mr. Main is a genius.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Sphere80
I'm making this one!   They also have a 3 control version called the Black Acid with a fuzz knob and pre gain.  For fuzz, replace the 1k. I don't know the pre gain value, but 500k could be a good start?

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

anders

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Sphere80
This post was updated on .
Input goes to pregain #3 then to the board from pregain #2.  Pregain #1 has a minimum gain resistor go to ground.

These pics should be easy to follow, showing the additions of  the pregain and fuzz pots.

http://imgur.com/a/NMMe7 (board, both use the same one)
http://imgur.com/a/tByFg (dust)
http://imgur.com/a/R5KOK (acid)

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

anders
Thanks for the pics and feedback. Anyone know the value of the minimum resistor from the pre gain pot? I'm colorblind...

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

10K

Anders have you heard of this thing?

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

anders
Yes I've seen that sexy little blue thing. Drool worthy!
Seems to be a Mk1 Zonk thingy?

Great pics and gutshot at the DAM forum

Just look at that purple one!

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

anders
Ok, I decided to draw a new layout of the Black Acid above since I wasn't happy with the symmetry after the addons.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

I ended up getting the one that went up for sale. It is based on the Zonk, it's basically the 3rd variation of the FZ-673. David kept the purple one for himself.

It is a really cool pedal, it can pretty much cover any MKI type sound to perfection depending on settings and the amp and guitar. I wish I could make this type of circuit sound as good as he does

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Sphere80
And we have doom!

I used BC109C's. I like the pre gain because my hot pickups overwhelmed the fuzz a little more than I
would normally want, and I get some attack back.

I may replace that 7.5k with a 20k trim pot like suggested at the original link just to fine tune, though it
sounds good as is.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

i have a layout for both of them, black acid and black dust, that i completely forgot to post like a year ago. i'll put them up on the main page. both of them are versions of the meathead (1 knob fuzz), with the black acid being a modded meathead deluxe. i've also did a layout for the dope priest at the same time so i'll put that one up too.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Sphere80
I was JUST to ask about the Dope Priest!   This is a good day for doom.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Sphere80
I notice the version on the front page does not have the 47pf ceramic filtering Q2 like the schematic shows at the beginning of this thread. Looking at the photos, I don't see the 220pf either.

http://i.imgur.com/dbxrOA4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uOEFopK.jpg

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Correct. The 2 I traced didn't have them the 47pf cap, but there were the 2 220pf caps. There's been a few different ones over the years , so the variation isn't surprising.

Re: DAM/Emanating Fist Black Dust

Sphere80
Thanks, I built it and it sounds great.  Yes it's like the Meathead Deluxe.  From the pics and some of the text I've read,  there was some other version with a pre-gain instead of bass input cut, but I don't know the details.  This sounds different enough from the Meathead to be worth building.