DBD One Repeat

Kinski
Say I wanted to build a Deep Blue Delay and have it fixed so it just has one repeat, no repeat pot. Could I just replace the pot with a resistor of some value? I realize I could just do an internal trimpot, but the fixed resistor is preferred.

Layout:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/mad-professor-deep-blue-delay.html

Re: DBD One Repeat

tjdracz
Two resistors i think, one where Repeat 2 and 3 are and one where repeat 1 and 2 are. Can't remember whether at lowest turn of the pot you had one repeat or none but something like 1K between 1-and 2 and 47K between 2 and 3 should do the trick

Re: DBD One Repeat

Kinski
Thanks!

Re: DBD One Repeat

nocentelli
A frequent bug people have with the dbd and similar delays is that there is only one repeat, and it's a dead giveaway - it's just what the chip does when it has zero feedback - it provides one single repeat. I am sure you can just omit the repeats pot altogether, along with the 22n + 5k1 in the feedback path from the pot's wiper, no need to replace with resistors.

Re: DBD One Repeat

Synsound
Along the same lines.. How would one get a ClariNot to have multiple repeats?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: DBD One Repeat

nocentelli
Try the repeats and "wet" pot arrangement from the rebote to send some feedback between pin 16 and 14.

http://ryangreen.ca/projects/rebote2/images/rebote2.gif

Re: DBD One Repeat

Synsound
Thanks