DC Jack Connection

Dulouz
I ordered one of these for my SHO clone:

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/mobile/default.aspx#P1137

Is the center pin the posititive?

Re: DC Jack Connection

The centre pin is whatever is provided by the power supply.  For effect pedals that would usually mean centre negative, but that is totally determined by what you've plugged into it.

Re: DC Jack Connection

Dulouz
Ok. I think I get that. So if my power supply is center negative (Boss style?) then I need to connect the positive wiring to the outside lug?

Re: DC Jack Connection

GoranP

Your link seems to be broken but yes, positive to the outside (sleeve) lug. Use a continuity tester to make sure which is which.

Re: DC Jack Connection

Dulouz
Ok. I used my multimeter to determine the pinout for the jack. So if I'm hooking up the positive to the sleeve, do I hook the ground wire to the center pin or the third pin?

Re: DC Jack Connection

GoranP
It depends whether you want to do the switching for the battery. I never do the battery thing so I only use the outer lugs ("big" one for center ground and the outside small one for sleeve plus).

Again, the best way to commit this to memory is to use a dmm and see what happens when you plug the dc jack in and out.

EDIT: see here... green wires for ground, yellow for positive (I know, not very intuitive but it was all I had at that moment )

Re: DC Jack Connection

alltrax74
talking about DC jacks, I really love those

The mounting Ø is only 8mm and they save a lot of space in the enclosure

Re: DC Jack Connection

GoranP

Where are you getting these?

Re: DC Jack Connection

alltrax74

Re: DC Jack Connection

GoranP
Thanks, I keep forgetting about musikding...

How are their jacks, I see they stock Reans and Switchcrafts (hopefully legit)?

Re: DC Jack Connection

Re: DC Jack Connection

alltrax74
I always use their reans, great quality for a reasonable price

Re: DC Jack Connection

Dulouz
Goran,

Thanks! I'm not planning on putting a battery attachment in this so I will follow your photo for my DC jack and see if it works.