DM-2

Greedy_Fly

Re: DM-2

Greedy_Fly
 up!!! very nice delay!

Re: DM-2

This would be pretty badass. I have the original but would like to build one. It's the best sounding delay pedal!

Re: DM-2

Greedy_Fly
up...

Re: DM-2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 days ago i've ordered some 3005 but i'll never have the 3101 and the ne570 before 2015!!!!!
i wish you had through this 10 days before...!!
anyway...if not someone else tries to draw this, i'll definitely give it a try in the next days...

.......but i'm sure this will be the next CRAZY HUGE VERO !!!!!

thanks man.

Re: DM-2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
here you go man...
the biggest i've ever drew.
i think i could have made this just a little bit smaller, but my brain was about to explode so..!

enjoy!

Re: DM-2

Frank_NH
Superb!!

I'd love to tackle something like this except: (1) I have a PT2399 echo/delay project in the stack, (2) sourcing parts will be difficult (but let me know if someone knows where to get the chips).

Re: DM-2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks mate! but it's not ok...as you might already read in contributions, i made a mistake on that mn3005 chip.i drew it as if it was an 8 pin ic, but it has the footprint of a 16pin ic.we could just build a daughterboard but i think that in the next days i'll update the layout if i find some time.

Re: DM-2

Frank_NH
Yeah, I noticed that - the MN3005 and related chips have that weird elongated body and only eight legs.  You could probably make a plug in converter, but perhaps just redoing the layout would be simpler?

Re: DM-2

i found some on ebay, a single chip seems to go for $35USD. that's fucking ridiculous, there has to be an alternative that is a little more reasonable.....

Re: DM-2

Another reason why I've stayed away from a lot of the analog delays, because the ICs are difficult to source or very expensive.  If you want to build a cheaper analog delay have a look for one using one of the Cool Audio ICs like the V3205.  I've seen those for less than $5 each.

I'm so glad I don't get analog delay at all and much prefer digital

Re: DM-2

Frank_NH
Yes, Small Bear sells the Cool Audio v3205 for $5:

v3205 Data Sheet

Re: DM-2

PedalPower
First, you do great work man, I've seen several of your layouts.  I'm just starting out so this is beyond my skill set at this point.  Any chance of breathing new life into this layout now that there is a better alternative to the original MN3005?  I've heard that the xvive chip is pretty good.  Regardless, great first attempt!

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/mn3005-re-makes-xvive-audio/

Re: DM-2

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi there!
thanks for your kind words

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/boss-dm-2-tp15534.html

here is a link for the right layout.this one had a problem with the footprint of the mn3005.
in that link you'll find a layout that should work with that xvive chip
cheers
Savvas

Re: DM-2

PedalPower
Thanks!  Not sure how  I missed that one, but I appreciate the link.  It doesn't look like anyone has verified this one, but I'm still willing to give it a try.  I just need to pick up some MN3005's now.