DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Here is a verfied layout of DOD/BAT Boneshaker. Came out quite big but with 9 pots I doubt anyone will squeeze it in a 1509b box. A few component values is missing in the SCHEMATICS, R12 and C8 between Level pot and output. Also values of power filter caps and Vref resistors is missing so I went with 2x47k and 2x100uF.

Thanks to Sphere80 for verifying it and suggestions for some useful mods!

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker

Damn man beat me to another one. I have this all setup on a board and was waiting for the values to pop up. You're on a roll man.

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker

Sphere80
Thanks!  The official schematic bypasses C8 and R12, going directly to output, but the gut shots at your "Schematics" link show them present right before the stomp switch.  It's just a little blurry...

2n7002 is the SMD version of a 2n7000, correct?

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker

anders
Oops, yes, 2N7002 seems to be a SMD mosfet, ordinary 2N7000's should work. I'll update the layout soonish.
And for another knob, one could replace 820 ohm resistor with a 5kC pot just like in  the SHO.

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker

BetterOffShred
Great layout Anders :)  though i got mine for $40.. and it's compact.  Just saying
-Brett

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker

Sphere80
I just built it.   Great work again, Anders.

Like many people who bought the original have reported, the depth pot is almost too subtle.  I'm experimenting with some subbed values that work for me, but stock may be fine for bassists.

Adjusting that 820 Ohm can give you some more juice.

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker

anders
Thanks for verifying, I've updated the layout above with some suggested mods that you mentioned in our e-mail conversation. It would be cool if you could upload your offboard wiring diagrams, I'm sure it would be useful for some builders.

I also omitted C8 and R12 between volume pot and output since the those were omitted in one schematic and the DOD schem had no values printed.

I think I'm going to prepare the board and choose an enclose wor this offboard wiring monster.

Once again, Thanks

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker - Verified

Sphere80
Here's my EQ wiring diagram:

the board:
https://i.imgur.com/W542P1N.jpg

wired EQ pots
https://i.imgur.com/mBaWSNe.jpg

full build:
https://i.imgur.com/ayAXQhN.jpg

As built, the depth pot has a 1uf and blends in a 47n.  As you can imagine, this barely makes a difference.  I've been experimenting with a smaller starting value (less than 220n is too thin) , and blending in a larger one.

It's a very solid distortion, having a DOD250 at its heart, but making that boost stage adjustable takes it to metal territory.

Many thanks to Anders for his work.

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker - Verified

Teddeeh
34 cuts? I count32. Im guessing we lost 2 cuts with the update?
Many thanks btw

Re: DOD / Black Arts Boneshaker - Verified

anders
Thanks for spotting that. Layout updated.