DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Thelonious
Hi,
I search way to make a true-bypass with led indicator on a DPDT.
I don't want to make a millenium. So I have thinking to this, but there is an other way to make a true-bypass+LED with DPDT

1  4
2  5
3  6

1 = OUT BOARD
2 = OUT JACK
3 = IN BOARD + IN JACK
4 = LED CATHODE
5 = GROUND
6 = NOTHING

With my system the signal goes through board permanently, it's not a real problem (i think) but if you have an other way to do, without permanent signal in board ?

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Well it'll work, it's the way MXR bypassed some of their effects a few years ago (not sure if they still do it), but personally I think it's horrible that during bypass the components at the input will still be hanging off the bypassed line.

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Thelonious
Thanks.
And no other way to do, without permanent input board ?

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

No because you only have one pole to switch the audio.  Personally I'd do millennium bypass if my only option is a DPDT.  The circuit is small enough for it to take up very little space in the box

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Thelonious
Thanks.
In my case it's for used with Neptune Delay.
And I have just a DPDT, and no transistor and diode.
I'll tried to put the LED directly on the board or the DC connector, just for indicated the voltage input not the bypassed audio signal.

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Jopn
What your suggesting in your first post wouldn't be considered true bypass because of its constant connection to your board input.  This will affect the tone of an unbuffered input significantly, as is evident in entry level vox and crybaby wahs that do this as well.

Your other idea of integrating the LED into the circuit and use is as a voltage indicator also won't get too far, since the board always has power.  That is, unless you add a switched connection between the power and the board, but then you'd be no further ahead and likely a little behind as you may have a few milliseconds delay when you engage the effect as the capacitors charge up.

I don't mean to come across as discouraging!  It's good that you're challenging the way things are done and looking for other solutions.  And by all means, still experiment with your ideas you've posted, but if it doesn't work exactly right you can revisit the anticipated pitfalls I've posted above ;)
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Thelonious
Thank you for your advice
Like I said in another post, I'm a beginner in electronic. So I'm still in an experimental phase. It's good to have opinions of more experienced people and learn from my mistakes.
I'm not trying to reinvent electronic, but to adapt with the components that I have on hand.

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

If you can't find any BS170s, the millennium bypass will work fine with a 2N7000 (rotated 180 degrees)

Re: DPDT True Bypass + LED without millenium

Thelonious
Thanks Iviark.