Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

doomkraft89
This post was updated on .
Ok, definitely not the best layout I´ve made. I´ve searched for months for a schem for this one. finally I got it. Made it to fit mmbfj201 converted to through hole. So, here you go:

update: Forgot to put in the switch.

Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Silver Blues
Oh shit, nice dude! Where did you find the schematic? Now we have the two big Darkglass pedals finally.

Well. I had started to trace a borrowed one but it was not completed. But after I´ve seen the VMT here on the forum, I saw there where just a few small changes. and with the VMT schem I managed to figure out the last pieces of the b3k.

Did you build it yet? It looks to me that the input and output at actually connected together which seems odd to me.

Not build it yet. have prepared the board. but with a fulltime job and a 4year-old at home, the day has not enough hours. I´m sorry but I don´t understand what you mean by input and output conected together? Don´t have a schem in my computer (only on paper) but as soon as I have time I will import it and uppload it.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

BassVD
Looking at the original pedal and the layout above, both switches need to have 3 positions, right?

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

No worries man. I asked cause like silver I would love to build this one. Never mind my comment about the input and output being connected. I miss read the layout and didn't realize that the 100k goes to ground. Ignore me, can't think straight at the moment. Last of 4 exams this week is tomorrow.

Yes. And the Attack-switch should be SPDT. not SPST. rushed the last of the layout.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Sensei Tim
Add d to my to build list! Thanks!

Quick question - maybe I missed it.  What are the pot values?

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

doomkraft89
haha. No you don´t missed them. I DID! Dooh! <
Drive: 100k lin
Blend: 100k lin
Volume: 100k log

Also the "20Nf" Should be 220Nf. Also missed some links in the "Link-and-cut-board"
I will uppdate the layout as soon as possible.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Silver Blues
This could probably be squeezed into a 1590B maybe?

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

GrooveChampion
Any updates on this one?

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Silver Blues
There was a new schematic put up on FSB recently, that's as far as I know. Still watching this intently.

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Alex
This is based on the new schematic:

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Hozy31
Was looking for something to build this morning, thanks Alex. Built and verified! Sounds pretty good on guitar as well as bass.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Alex
Cool Gavin! That was quick! Would you say it sounds (more or less) like the original? Do the switches work properly?

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Hozy31
I think its pretty close, but my bass amp is very sub standard, really need to get a decent one, especially now the son has taken up bass. The switches seem to be working fine as do the sweep of the pots.

Any advice on a good practice bass amp for the house would be helpful if anyone has some tips. I live in a detached house so neighbours aren't an issue to an extent .
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Silver Blues
Aaaand another one for the neverending build list... Nice work Alex, this is awesome.

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

Alex
I've managed to reduce it one row:

Re: Darkglass b3k Cmos overdrive

GrooveChampion
Alex, there are either issues with your layout or the transition from SMD to DIP kinda screwed something. I saw people who claimed their layout worked, but I'm not sure if they used SMD to DIP Jfets.

Has anyone tried Doomdark's layout?
12