Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Ok, last one for a while, I promise.
Here is a great sounding chugga chugga distortion from Dead Astronaut.
Demo and schematic HERE

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker

GrooveChampion
Is that a Mu amp setup or must the Jfets be biased?

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker

anders
Yeah, it's set up as a mu amp so no biasing (and swearing)is needed.

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker

Teddeeh
Cheers man. Hit this verified. Not for me but i thought id give it a go and double thumbs up.

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker

anders
Cool! Thanks for verifying.

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker

edo1123
How dose it sound? I don't know if should build this or the diefet. Is it noisy?
Dys

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

Dys
I’ve tried to build this a few times now.
But the sound only lasts for a second and fades away or not at all..

Anyone got any ideas what is causing this problem?
Dys

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

Dys
Any chance someone would be willing to turn this into a pcb layout??

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

PMowdes
Er ..... Buy a PCB from Deadastronaut perhaps

https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects/skinwalker

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

Pavlos
I'd fully agree, they're good quality PCB's at a reasonable price, and it's always nice to give something back when someone is as helpful and supportive in the forums over on FSB and DIYSB as he is.

There's even got an offer for 3 PCB's for £25 GBP including worldwide shipping, now that is what I call a bargain and a half!
Dys

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

Dys
Already ordered one.. I’m just a too impatient

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

Fred Russom
Works great.....sounds incredible.......I used 2n5457 with no issues......really low noise for such monstrous gain.

Re: Dead Astronaut Skinwalker - Verified

alltrax74
I just bought the pcb from deadastronaut, I'll report back (end of august probably)