Deep blue delay no sound

Fuzzguy801
I have built this circuit 2 other times and it worked first time both times. no such luck this time. bypassed i get a clean signal press the footswitch and I get nothing.

Voltages are
78l05
I 8.86
G 0
O 4.95

NE5532
1 4.42
2 4.42
3 4.42
4 0
5 4.42
6 4.42
7 4.42
8 8.86   Everything looks good so far  but wait there is more haha

PT2399
1 4.94
2 2.48
3 0
4 0
5 3.23
6 2.47
and here is where I'm pretty sure it gets all weird
7 4.55
8 4.55
9 0.12
10 4.25
11 4.25
12 0.12
13 1.68
14 4.89
15 0.08
16 4.95

deep blue delay

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

Fuzzguy801
More pics.
Any help is greatly appreciated. This thing has been gone over about 10 times links and cuts all verified I am pretty sure component placement is all correct I have knifed all the traces and reflowed the solder. I am just out of ideas at this point

solder side

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

Fuzzguy801

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

Fuzzguy801
I am getting a slight overdrive now so there is progress. still no real effect just a slight od and the volume pot seems to be working correctly. just no delay .

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

Kalimna
Apologies for the necro-bump, but I am wondering if you had any luck resolving this issue? I have built a DBD with almost identical problems. I know my 2399 is OK because it works in another pedal (Cave Dweller), and the op-amp (tried a few, bizarrely got distorted sound with a TL072 but no sound with a 5532 or 4558). I am certain mine is due to a dodgy connection somewhere as my op-amp voltages are quite out.
Cheers,
Adam

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

GrooveChampion
I solved similar issues by reflowing the solder

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

Kalimna
Hi - I have tried that, as well as repeatedly checking component placement (one wrong capacitor leg didnt fix things) and value (resistors and capacitors checked out OK as much as I could measure them in-circuit).
I do wonder if my gap-knifing technique (!) is a bit off, so I may just end up re-building the board.

Cheers,
Adam

Re: Deep blue delay no sound

GrooveChampion
Could very well be, check them with a multimeter for continuity. Personally i prefer to use a large drill bit to score the gaps