Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Madferret
I've just had a tube of PT2399's delivered that I ordered what seems like months ago and I'm now wondering what I'm going to do with the things.  I built the Rebote Delay and it's fine for a bit of slapback but I'm after something with a bit more scope for doing the real heavy feedback stuff.  I'm seeing a lot of people recommending the Deep Blue Delay so I'm leaning towards that and I definitely want to give the Clari(not) a go.  Does anybody have any other suggestions?  To be honest the more mental sounding the better ;)

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Ross
It's not that crazy, but this http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/Sundgist/Dimension+P+stripboard.gif.html looks really cool. Multi-voice chorus based off the Boss Dimension C, which is one of my favorite choruses of all time.

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Madferret
Cool, thanks man.  I hadn't really considered and Choruses as they're not something I've ever really used but I listened to a couple of demos of the Dimension C and it sounds good.

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Mid-Fi Electronics Clari(not)

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Madferret
Cheers Mark, I'd pretty much decided on the Clari(not) to start with, I think I'm going to go with that and a Green Ringer in one box and see if they play nicely together.

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Shit sorry mate, I somehow missed that from your original post.  Doh!

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Madferret
Hey, no need to apologise for being helpful.  It just reinforced my thoughts on the Clari, the iron's heating up as we speak :D

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Geiri
Even though you already said Clari(not), I'm still gonna suggest it because it's friggin' awesome!! You can play with it forever and just have good fun.

That Dimension P looks cool. Any chance that our lovely Mark or Miro could make a nicer looking layout? I don't mind if it's larger. I just like the way you guys make layouts. It's a trust thing, I guess!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

jalmonsalmon
You may want to check out the ZeroPoint Delay from mr bean :D

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

jalmonsalmon
 That is a massive delay and I am going to build one, however 1st I am going to make a Deep Blue Delay to get my feet wet and then later tackle that SDX beast

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

jtn191
check out 1776 Effects Multiplex PCB. I've been looking forward to building one

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

Jon the Art Guy
the Earthquaker Disaster Transport is something I'd like to take a whack at, though it has no place on a vero, I bet. heh

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

j-pee

an UPDATE:

for anybody reading this thread:
it exists:   https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2017/12/earthquaker-disaster-transport-jr.html
also, in the comment of the thread, another verified vero layout, by Servant07:

-------quotation:
Servant074 January 2018 at 05:06

Got it working tonight. Unfortunately I had to add an extra column for the missing resistor at column 17.
Here is a link to the new 23 column wide layout:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgvctnhdtqyfmpw/DTJ.png?dl=0

-------

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

spacefuzz74
I love those weird PT2399 projects too...seriously check this one out.  It's a blast, and the feedback control works great:

http://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2021/01/pladask-elektrisk-workshop-delay-v3.html

Re: Delay/PT2399 project ideas

bowanderror
I've built the Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay as well and it sounds great for a PT2399! My current favorite is the Madbean Dirtbaby, which is a PT2399 version of the EHX Deluxe Memory Man. Very analog sounding repeats & excellent modulation.