Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

aelling
This post was updated on .
Dissect the Hyperion and you get a Dark Boost going into a 33/Silver Crank, here is the 33/Silver Crank. What you could build is this one and the Dark Boost into one box and have full control of the "Hyperion", if you do remember the DB goes into the 33/SC circuit.

This layout is verified, build it today but had problems, of course. Turns out I put in two MPSA18's instead of one and a 2N2907A.

Description from Effectsdatabase.com:
Huge fuzz with a short decay and smooth over tones.
Works well with bass, guitar, vocals, synths, drums, and anything else you can run through it.

Tim Calloway demo of the Soda Might (which is the same just renamed)

Layout

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

I used to have one of these too. Pretty useless by itself but a good stacker for Nintendo fuzz lovers

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

aelling
Agreed, I didn't like it by itself either.

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

traktop
This post was updated on .
Much more usable using mpsa12/13 vs mpsa 18.
If someone  plan on building the hyperion, try a bc550 on the dark boost to compensate for the higher gain transistor.

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

aelling
Made a little update on the layout, shaved a cut & a link off.

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

aelling
Updated once more to shave off a row making it 10x7.

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

BetterOffShred
Awesome suggestion.  I built a Hyperion a long time ago and revisited it and thought it sounded shitty so I ended up going with a few different transistors.  I will try the Darlington in there too now that you mention it.

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

nocentelli
I'm pretty sure the 2N2907A has the same pinout as the MPSA18: This layout for the Hyperion from 2012 has both transistors of the silver crank portion lined up with matching pinouts.

 http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/devi-ever-hyperion.html

Re: Devi Ever 33/Silver Crank

aelling
The original has the metal can version of 2N2907A's.