Devi Ever Godzilla

aelling
This post was updated on .
Last one tonight, another crazy dual fuzz. The Godzilla is a Vintage Fuzz Master going into a GZ (Goddess Zero), crazy octave fuzz. What else is there to say?!

PGS Andy demo

Layout Fixed layout posted January 1, 2022

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

BetterOffShred
Nice job dude! I built one a while back using my own layout.  Really love it.

I'd love to see a layout for the truly beautiful disaster with seeing eye etc ...

Maybe test pattern too ;)  keep it up!

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

aelling
Thanks, I haven't actually build this one yet, but I had the layout ready. And it's definitely on my to do list, I just stocked up on MPSA18's, 2N2222A's, 2N2907A's and a ton of A100K pots to, that's basically all these use.

Unfortunately, I don't have layouts for those, hell I don't think Devi ever (no pun intended) explained how those worked, at least to my knowledge.

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

BetterOffShred
There's a diagram of the photo eye feedback loop she released, as well as test pattern wiring.  Which similar to the rocket vibrato lifts the SM grounds.

Good stuff!

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

BetterOffShred
Built another Godzilla using this layout,  the GZ has an error. The jumper between Q3 and Q2 is supposed to join the 2.2M at Q2 to Q2 collector, but there's a cut under the 100n. I soldered a little jumper from the bottom of the 2.2M to the top of the 10k there and clipped out the jumper.   Theres not a neat way to add one there that I could see.  Works otherwise :)

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

aelling
BetterOffShred wrote
Built another Godzilla using this layout,  the GZ has an error. The jumper between Q3 and Q2 is supposed to join the 2.2M at Q2 to Q2 collector, but there's a cut under the 100n. I soldered a little jumper from the bottom of the 2.2M to the top of the 10k there and clipped out the jumper.   Theres not a neat way to add one there that I could see.  Works otherwise :)
Thanks for the correction, I made a fixed layout but unfortunately there's no saving the old board as you mentioned. Think it should work now.

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

Digitalzombie
Check the pinout discrepancies with Q7, 8 on the loaded vs unloaded board. It looks like the loaded version is correct.

Re: Devi Ever Godzilla

aelling
about 8 months later, thanks, I fixed the layout.