Diode clipping suggestions

toddvirgil
I'm putting together a PCB that will allow me to dial in various clipping options in a typical symmetrical or asymmetrical clipping path. Also thinking about offering this as a project for sale to the community when I get it done.

I'm hoping you guys can throw some diode suggestions out there... I'm thinking about having 10 different positions for each diode in the path.

1n34a, bat 41, bat 46, etc....

Thanks!

Todd

Re: Diode clipping suggestions

johnk
mosfets make nice clippers too.
particularly the 1N34A & 2N7000/2N7000 asymm arrangement.

Re: Diode clipping suggestions

toddvirgil
Thanks John!

Re: Diode clipping suggestions

I've done a few little utility layouts for diodes switchers over the years, one using mini dip switches on perf (so you can have lots of different combinations), and the other using a 12 position single pole rotary switch to select the diodes.

It may give you ideas of other diodes and combinations you could use

Re: Diode clipping suggestions

toddvirgil
Mark -- killer, just saw your reply. nice. Thanks!