Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

Snare227
Mark has a great diagram up for doing the offboard wiring for two pedals in one box that I'm thinking about tackling after I finish up a few projects.  I was wondering if anyone had an altered diagram of the wiring that includes an order switching option (ie. Pedal A into Pedal B, flip switch, B into A), I would love to see it.  I'm thinking I'll need a 3PDT toggle to get this accomplished.  It will probably be a little while before I get around to trying it out, but you never know when it's going to rain and give you a day inside to tackle a project.  Thanks!

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

Pipes
Here's a Beavis diagram for it, I've not tried it, but I trust him

http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/Looper-Switcher/Effect-Order-Switcher-Wiring-Diagram.png

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

GoranP

I've tried it and it works as advertised. I just dispensed with the led because I used a regular Tayda 3pdt flip switch instead of a footswitch so it's easy to tell which position (effects order) it is in.

There are other schematics out there for this but this one works just fine.

I'll probably also opt for the toggle and do away with the LEDs.  Thanks guys... I will be sure to save this and give it a go.

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

GoranP
Like so... it's an Xotic RC Booster and a Sweet Honey OD in a 1790ns with the order switcher (only one input and output)

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

JaviCAP
Administrator
Goran, after several hours dealing with the Animal, my brain's not very fresh :P

Could you please show how you wired this double effect sinlge input / output  with just a 3PDT doing the route?

BR!

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

Geiri
I built an EP booster + Timmy with the effects order switcher from the layout above.

Here's what it looks like:

I used a 4PDT to switch between and the LED shows the side that's first in the chain.

JaviCAP, it's easy to wire it.

Send A is the input from the jack to the first circuit. That's lug 8 on the 3PDT
Return A is the output to the jack from the first circuit. That's lugs 4 and 9 on the 3PDT

Send B is the same but second circuit
Return B is the same but second circuit.

www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

JaviCAP
Administrator
Thanks Geiri, I get it!

BR

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

Vince
This may help for those, like me, who like to see it in black and white.

Re: Dual Effects - One enclosure with order switching?

colonyhc
Just curious, what would the wiring look like for 3 pedals?

Just saw walrus audio made a 3-in-1 with order switching.