Dual boost noob question/Chadderbox Loud Louder

Dual boost noob question/Chadderbox Loud Louder

colonyhc
I don't know if anyone is familiar with this pedal but its from a small company called Chadderbox and its called the loud louder.  It's essentially two boosts wired to one pot.

Hypothetically would i similarly be able to wire two SHO Clones to one pot? Would i need to change the value of the pot?

Re: Dual boost noob question/Chadderbox Loud Louder

dbat69
Hi, in theory, you could wire two together but you would need a dual pot (or two pots) with each circuit using a different one.  The dual pot would mean that the two circuits are controlled at the same time by the 1 knob.  Having 2 pots would mean you can adjust each circuit seperately.

I'm not certain how this would work in practice as I've not done it and one of the more expert builders may be able to advise better.

Re: Dual boost noob question/Chadderbox Loud Louder

colonyhc wrote
Hypothetically would i similarly be able to wire two SHO Clones to one pot? Would i need to change the value of the pot?
Impossible to know what's similar without a schematic. Got one?

Re: Dual boost noob question/Chadderbox Loud Louder

Frank_NH
If you want the ULTIMATE multi-boost, forget this two effect thing and go for the Soulsonic Fourbanger!

Soulsonic Fourbanger

"This could well be the ultimate tweakers boost pedal, with a switchable Rangemaster (PNP transistors but negative ground), Super Hard On, Opamp and JFET booster.  The one change from his original is that I have included the original SHO circuit instead of his Crackle Not OK version of it.  Each booster has its own gain or volume control, and are turned on with a toggle, and then the stomp switch takes the whole lot in and out of circuit."

This one is definitely on my to-do list...