EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

Bass_Ed94
Hi,
I decided to have my first go at building my own effects pedal (I've built various other projects in the past but nothing like this and I am fairly amateur), and I'm all soldered in with my components but being honest I have no clue about wiring the footswitch up. Would anyone be able to help with a photo of how you wired it up to your board, jacks, pots and power socket, led, etc?

Again sorry if I sound like an absolute noob, I think I've thrown myself in at the deep end 😂.

Thanks!

Re: EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

induction
from this site: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

madbean's offboard diagram is pretty good too, especially if you want to include a battery

Re: EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

tracer03
This is also a good visual diagram:

https://www.sabrotone.com/?attachment_id=594

Re: EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

Bass_Ed94
Thank you for your response this is fantastic!

Again sorry that I sound dumb but I on the stripboard layout, it has capacitors on the switch (as seen in screenshot). What does this mean in relation to wiring the switch as standard to my board?

Thanks again in advance.

Re: EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

Bolsyo
This post was updated on .
That is an extra toggleswitch mod to adjust the mids for: flat, scooped or boosted mids. It's a very useful mod imo, I have it on my Green Russian Muff. It means nothing in relation to how you wire the footswitch. Wire the footswitch as show on the guide, and wire the toggleswitch as shown on the layout.

The toggleswitch needs to be a DPDT on/off/on type. If you don't want the mod, just skip the toggleswitch and the SW1 wire on the board. Then you will have the scooped mids setting only.

Re: EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

Bass_Ed94
Thanks so much for this. It makes complete sense now. I will probably add the switch to be honest.

Re: EHX Rams Head Big Muff Switch Wiring

Silver Blues
You should, it's extremely useful!