EHX SoulFood Bass

soooooo, i know that some guys were looking at the soul food, which i ended up buying and posted pics of the board to trace, and basically a klon with Si clipping diodes. i'm not sure if anything did or is going to happen with that layout. but, for all those bassists on here like me, now i randomly came across that they did a bass version. no, i have no schematic or anything for it yet other then the video i found (posted below).

now, at this point anyone's guess would be as good as mine, but obviously there's an added blend, and besidesides the added boost switch, i would venture to say that there have been some changes to the tone stack and input/output caps. might be a fun build, and gain another low gain bass OD.

Re: EHX SoulFood Bass

Silver Blues
This one does sound really good. It seems we have been having an influx of great bass drives lately, I haven't even started on my Blueberry and already we have the VMT and Hairy Bottom, plus the slew that haven't yet been cracked (B3K, Factotum, this, the SGE Beta Drive...) I better go buy some more parts

Re: EHX SoulFood Bass

been rather board at work today, and yes for those of you in the US i know it's MLK day today and i a teacher had to be there for a professional development day, so i've been researching as much as i could about this, and the klon, and bass mods, and i think i figured out how to make something pretty damn similar. i'm going to tweak mark's layout based on what i've found out. so........that would make another bass od for those of us bass players.

Re: EHX SoulFood Bass

Silver Blues
Oho, looking forward to that

Re: EHX SoulFood Bass

Jopn
Just watching that video is giving me PTSD from my early days playing one of those old ibanez basses.  I was a skinny teen, and that bass weighed almost as much as I did.  I suffered quietly through many many rehearsals because I didn't want anyone thinking I was a wimp.  It did sound great though...
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.