ETI Audio Phaser - verified

Freppo
This post was updated on .
Nice 6-stage phaser from ETI, modified for less noise.

More info and full size layout here.

cheers
/ Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: ETI Audio Phaser - verified

Cool, I was looking at this one a while ago and had it in my to do list, but I don't have to bother now
I love the theory behind this one though, using the CD4049 instead of having to mess around matching JFETs is fantastic.

Re: ETI Audio Phaser - verified

Freppo
Yes, the use of the CD4049 is what made this phaser interesting to me. No JFET matching. :)

Unfortunatley with the CD4049 the signal must be attenuated alot and then boosted to unity to avoid distortion (it has to do with the build in protection diodes in the CD4049 ) which means that it gets very noisy.

However, I am now working on my own phaser that also will not require any FETs to match or LDRs/vactrols.. It uses another method, which works much better. :)

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108823.0

Here's a video of the phaser on the breadboard.

It will probably get done in a few days :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: ETI Audio Phaser - verified

That sounds awesome mate, very impressed.

Re: ETI Audio Phaser - verified

cylens
how cool is that? awesome, man

Re: ETI Audio Phaser - verified

JaviCAP
Jesus f*cking Christ! That's amazing, hope you solve the problems with the lfo, i'll build this board for sure once you tell us that the problem is over!

Re: ETI Audio Phaser - verified

Freppo
I added a soundclip today to the ETI phaser here:
http://parasitstudio.weebly.com/stripboard-layouts/eti-project-447-audio-phaser

I did change a few resistor values before doing the clip. You can read about it in my blog.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se