Eagle Claw - 1 knob/1 chip octave fuzz

Freppo
Here's something new :)
A small simple circuit.

Demo song I threw together
https://soundcloud.com/fredrik-lyxz-n/eagle-claw

More info, schematic, vero and pcb layouts:
www.parasitstudio.se

I hope you like it. I do.. :)
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Eagle Claw - 1 knob/1 chip octave fuzz

Chris60601
Im not a fuzz fan (much less octave fuzz) but i really do like the way this one sounds.
Well done, Fredrik
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Eagle Claw - 1 knob/1 chip octave fuzz

Synsound
I saw this on your site earlier and really liked the demo. It had a solid in your face sound without being out of control. I'm sure I'll end up building it. Nice job Fredrik.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Eagle Claw - 1 knob/1 chip octave fuzz

Freppo
Thanks, glad you like the demo. :)

It's a tad dark so I had to turn up the treble alittle higher than usual on the amp, so I suggest adding your favourite active tonestack to this one to make it more versatile.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Eagle Claw - 1 knob/1 chip octave fuzz

Synsound
Just tested and working great. I actually couldn't get enough low. The octave is super strong once beyond the tenth fret. As you said, a tone stack would help.
As always thanx for sharing.
BTW, I can't wait to check out the new flawed logic vero whenever you find extra time.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Eagle Claw - 1 knob/1 chip octave fuzz

Freppo
I had missed your reply. Great to hear that you got it working. :)
Yep, flawed logic mkII vero is something I will do shortly
cheers / Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se