Earthquaker Devices Bellows

balazs.bencs
This post was updated on .
The Bellows was posted here: http://effectslayouts.blogspot.hu/2017/01/earthquaker-devices-bellows.html

Since I was a big fan of the demo on the PGS youtube channel, I decided to create my first vero instead of requesting it, so here it comes. Please comment on it, give me some critics :)

Edit: I messed up the diode, updated.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bellows

ξεναγος νεκροπολης

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bellows

I haven't looked at the schematic, but one thing I see is that if you eliminate the cut next to the 22n you can move the gain 2 wire to the other side of the board so that it's right next to the gain 1 wire. That makes the final wiring a bit neater.

The electros are going to sit a little funny as shown. There is some unused space on the right side of the board where the smaller 100u could fit more efficiently. Moving this cap would free up some space to seperate the other 100u from the 22n so that both may fit more neatly.

Without having checked the schematic or having any idea if this is verified, I'd say it looks like a fantastic first effort. Thanks for the post

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bellows

nocentelli
This post was updated on .
The way you have placed the JFET does not match the schematic: The circuit diagram posted by storyboardist shows gate-to-collector, source-to-base and drain to the guitar signal from the gain pot (via a 10k resistor). There is no connection between JFET and darlington emitter. However, your diagram has the pinout for the JFET reversed (i.e. the labels for G and D should be swapped), so if you swap those labels and slightly shuffle components around so you can put a cut between the emitter and the "new" drain, it should work OK.

In general, you can often swap drain and source connections in a circuit that uses JFETs and the component will work either way: The gate, however, must be connected as per schematic.