Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

Kost1978
Hi folks,
is it possible to wire this circuit without the on/off 3pdt?
I mean, just using the "dual off-board wiring" by Mark?

To me it looks pretty doable, just want to get the blog's opinion about it.

Also, does it matter which transistor to use?
Are there any substitute for 2N7000?

Because I'm waiting for a new order from Tayda and of course I forgot to buy them...

Thanks!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

Kost1978
Forgot to link the layout's page.
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.it/2016/09/earthquaker-devices-grey-channel.html

Thanks for any tip!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

You mean so the effect is always on?

If that’s the case just wire the board input and outputs directly to the jacks and connect your power supply and pots etc as usual

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

Kost1978
I mean taking IN & OUT from Effect A to one 3PDT and IN & OUT from Effect B to another 3PDT, using "Dual Offboard Wiring".
In other words, it's like having two separate effects in the same enclosure.

What about 2N7000 substitute?

Thanks!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

nocentelli
Kost1978 wrote
What about 2N7000 substitute?
BS170

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

Kost1978
BS170
Thanks a lot!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

kirshman
It looks like running the dual off board instead of the on-off and channel switcher should work to me, but I'm no expert.  Give a try and see what happens.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

Kost1978
Hi folks,
the layout main page already got the answer to my original question.
In the source cited:
http://effectslayouts.blogspot.it/2016/08/earthquaker-devices-grey-channel.html?m=1
You could read:
You can wire two separate on/off footswitches if you want...
So, I guess I'll give it a try and let you know!

Thanks!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Grey Channel

Yeah just use the dual effect wiring, use input and output A to one switch and input and output B to the other