Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
Schem provided by Bugg on  FSB HERE

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood

GrooveChampion
Is this a son of screamer or am I tripping?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood

Sphere80
This post was updated on .
This has active bass and treble.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood

Mulekicker
Man, Bugg and Anders for the win! Is this pedal even out yet, I just got an invitation in the mail for the release party?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood

Teddeeh
Verification for the nation. Many thanks!! Lovely layout.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood

Teddeeh
.... i was verifying...
soundwise, a good’n. Not bad for a £/$180 street pedal.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood

anders
Thanks for verifying.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

rnord17
What are you using for the CLR?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

Teddeeh
Generally people use 4.7k, but i usually use 2.7k as i have about 7 billion of them. Most of the time i dont use this as i have boards for my 3pdt with resistor spaces on em. Its really a convienience.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

rnord17
Ah it's the resistor for the LED. Gotcha. I typically do that off board. Excited to try this one soon. Really like how it sounds from the demo.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

doxasound
Built this one a few days ago and it sounds just like the real one in the demo videos. Thanks, ya'll!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

Teddeeh
Yes this needs to be main page. Great layout, great pedal. Anders is the effin man!!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

HamishR
I agree!  I might have to build this one - it looks like a Wampler Euphoria without the switches and transistors added to boost the EQ.  I really like the Euphoria and the Rockett pedals which are similar.  I wonder what difference the active EQ will make?

Time to find out.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

HamishR
Well I built this and yes, it's a good overdrive.  As I mentioned previously it does indeed have a lot in common with the Wampler Euphoria and some Rockett pedals such as the Blue Note and 45 Caliber.  I put it side by side with a Rockett 45 and prefer the 45.  The 45 is a lot simpler and a bit warmer sounding.  The main attraction of the Westwood is that the low end is very tight and can get huge.  The 45 is not far behind though and has a more natural, less fuzzy high end.

Anyway it's a great layout Anders!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

frank-berlin
hi there ... thank you for all of your work you are sharing !!!

... but shouldn't IC-Lug2 go to the 220nF first and then via 4,7k to ground ?
( i just had a look on the schematisch on FSB ... 'cause i am pretty new here ... i am not really sure ...)

thanks and greetings from sunny Berlin !!!

frank
... thank you all !

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

nocentelli
frank-berlin wrote
hi there ...

... but shouldn't IC-Lug2 go to the 220nF first and then via 4,7k to ground ?
thanks and greetings from sunny Berlin !!!

frank
Greetings and welcome to the board!

It is electrically identical either way around, but the span of the cap vs resistor makes it easier to lay it out reversed.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Westwood - Verified

frank-berlin
... all right. Thank you.
... thank you all !