Earthquaker Life Pedal

strangerscallmekenny
PedalPCB have the schematic up for the Earthquaker Devices Life Pedal here:

https://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/Parentheses.pdf

The octave section looks to be exactly the same as the EQD Tentacle if that makes things easier, and the distortion is essentially a rat

Anyone willing to give this a shot? Maybe seperate boards for the different circuits?

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

Not going to happen. All there pedals in this circuit are already on the site. You just need to built all three and put them in the correct order.

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

Teddeeh
What would you say the boost is based on then? Is that a simple jfet blend with the octave?

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

I have one. It’s a arrows. When I breadboarded it to mess with it, I tried different boosts and they were all basically the same, so honestly what the boost is doesn’t matter.

The life pedal is a rat with switchable diodes, into a tentacle, into an arrow.

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

punkrawkgeek
What's the octave side of it???

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

Teddeeh
I honestly dont think its an arrows. The arrows being a 2n5089 based boost. I thought at first it would be a black eye boost as it was based on a bs170.

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

I’ll double check the trace of mine, but like I said the boost side doesn’t make a difference in tone. The only difference I had was with a Germanium boost. Silicon and FET based boosts had no difference in tone.

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

nostradoomus
It’s a green ringer/Eqd Tentacle.

The order is RAT —-> Tentacle w/blend —-> Boost

The boost is basically a black eye/SHO etc with different values. Like rocket was saying, use any boost you want.

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

punkrawkgeek
Is this the kind of blend to use???

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/01/mini-blend-jfet.html

I've never used a blend before at all...

Re: Earthquaker Life Pedal

highsolstice