Effect switching

Milkit
Hi guys,

Looking for some help with a small conundrum please!

I'd like to place two effects into one enclosure.  But rather than use two independent swtches, is there a way I could use just one, so it switches one on & the other off at the same time?  I wouldn't want to have the two effects on together at any one time.  Would I need a 4PDT or could I use a std 3PDT if it's possible?

Many thanks,

Matt
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Effect switching

You could use a DPDT (or 3PDT if you wanted LED indication) to choose one effect or another, but you'd still need a main bypass stomp.  The best way to do it would probably be to have the effect selected with a DPDT toggle, and the stomp then bypasses the toggle.

Re: Effect switching

Milkit
Ace, thanks matey.  ;0)
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Effect switching

Like this

Re: Effect switching

alex.s
You said you wouldn't use both of them together at any time, but would you have either on all the time?

Re: Effect switching

Milkit
Quality. Thank you mate!!  ;0)

Probably not mate. So Mark's diagram looks to be the tits!  ;0)

If I were to use a dual LED, would that change status with each actuation of the DPDT or would it only be a off/on for the 3PDT Mark?
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Effect switching

Olav
The LED on Mark's layout is only for ON of either of the FX. In BYPASS the LED will be off. You'll need a 3PDT to replace the 2PDT if you want indicator LEDs for the FX. You could have a seperate LED for each of the FX. Consider a bi-color LED, that would be tres sexy.

Re: Effect switching

Milkit
Safe, thanks Olav!

Matt.

On 26 Jan 2013, at 20:06, "Olav [via Guitar FX Layouts]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

The LED on Mark's layout is only for ON of either of the FX. In BYPASS the LED will be off. You'll need a 3PDT to replace the 2PDT if you want indicator LEDs for the FX. You could have a seperate LED for each of the FX. Consider a bi-color LED, that would be tres sexy.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.n6.nabble.com/Effect-switching-tp457p556.html
To unsubscribe from Effect switching, click here.
NAML
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!