Elka Dizzytone

anders
A close italian relative to the mighty Burns Buzzaround. This one is verified and it roars.

Re: Elka Dizzytone

Beaker
Thanks Anders! I have been hoping that someone would post this layout for a while now.

Re: Elka Dizzytone

anders
You're welcome! I hope you will like it.

Re: Elka Dizzytone

Two questions Anders:

Am I right to assume the bottom electro cap should be 25uF, and not 25nF (typo?) as listed?

Why is the Attack pot listed as 1M rev. taper or 100k linear taper? does it make much of a difference?

Thanks.

Re: Elka Dizzytone

anders
Thanks for spotting that typo, layout is updated. As for the 1mC pot, I have no idea, the schematic suggested both. I have a 100kB in mine and I think I would prefer a reversed log taper of some kind there for a better sweep.

Re: Elka Dizzytone

100K for the "attack" control would be closer to the MKIII Tonebender and Buzzaround that this circuit is based on. The 1MC was found in an original so I'm just going to try different values and tapers and see what I like best

In the schem the 1n cap in the attack control is labelled as 1n or 10n. You'll probably get a better sound with 10n. The 1n will make the pedal sound thin when the attack control is at the brightest setting
KT

Re: Elka Dizzytone

KT
I build the Dizzytone recently by subbing the values of the buzzotron or buzz around layout. For me the dizzy tone was more difficult to sound nice, it was more gated etc then the other two. I like these buzz around based circuits a lot! And indeed the pot values used in buzzotron/buzzaround are better I think.