Fair assumptions!

Milkit
Is it fair to assume that if my effect works as desired with the effect on, but there's no signal on bypass, that my 3PDT is at fault?  Is it mechanics rather than electronics, or do I need to probe further?  I've checked & triple checked my wiring terminations, they're the same as always. I just wanted to ask here before I go ahead & try another switch!

Thanks dudes,

Matt
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Fair assumptions!

Vince
I had a few switches once that the LED didn't work. Drove me effing mad! switching LEDs/resistors etc... turned out to be the switch that was dodgy. When ever my bypass signal isn't working it's always the diagonal link on the switch that has a microscopic short, but I guess you have already done all that...

Re: Fair assumptions!

Milkit
Yeah I've gone over it with my iron, scalpel, DMM & mag-glass, can find no shorts.  Damn thing.

I'll try a new one now & see how I get on.

Thanks vince
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Fair assumptions!

PStevenson

sometimes if you heat the terminals up too much on those switches you can move them out of alignment inside - if you have a temperature controlled iron make sure it is set within the switches heat tolerance (around 370degrees)
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: Fair assumptions!

Milkit
Hi Paul,

Thanks man.  Yeah I learned that lesson the hard & expensive way!

I've since swapped that switch for another & the pedal works as desired.

The defective unit has gone into my "investigative/rework" parts tub, or Cheshire landfill as we like to call it!

Thanks dude
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!