Fat Fuzz Factory

squirrels
Had anyone made their Fuzz Factory into a Fat Fuzz Factory? I assumed it was a matter of switching input/output cabs but I remember seeing somewhere that it was the 100nf cap that needed to be increased. Has anyone tried this out?

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

edo1123
I did. I put a dpdt on-off-on switch in parallel with a 10nf (instead of the 100nf). You have to try different values, but for my experience a 100nf and a 1uf are "perfect" (it goes really low when starts to oscillate).

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

squirrels
Thanks for confirming it. I tried it out with a 1uf and 3.3uf and unless I have the polarity wrong it just made it motorboat. Did yours do that?

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

edo1123
I think the 3u3 it's a way huge. If I were you I'd use 330nf, 68nf and in the middle a 22nf. I think it should give you more stability, but as I already said, it's up to what you like

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

traktop
Did it long ago.
I thought this mode would make my FF go fatter... That never happened...

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

squirrels
I went with Effects Layouts suggestion of 3.3uf Seemed too high to me as well.

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

Sphere80
I used an on/off/on dpdt with 100n in the  center for stock, then a 220n on one side and 2.2uf on the other.  The 2.3uf selection hasn't been too useful yet, but the 320n (total) side worked well when I used a downtuned guitar.

I also made another with a 9 way rotary starting at 10n for very thin sounds. It was overkill for me as I was happiest with stock.

Re: Fat Fuzz Factory

squirrels
I wound up with a 220n (320n) one one side and a 470n (570n)  on the other with the stock 100n on the board. I really didn't get to play around with it too much yet but I think I want to bump the 470n up some more. It didn't seem to sound that much differently than the added 220n cap.