Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

boratto

Re: Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

doxasound
Verified! But, I had to swap Bass 3 to Bass 1. I know the schematic says otherwise, but my bass knob was cutting when turning clockwise, so I reversed it.

Haven't tried on a bass amp try, only my electric amp. Going to try it going straight into the mixer tomorrow. Not a lot of bass boost, but way too much treble.

I installed this in my bass with a dpdt to go passive or active. There's no volume boost with the preamp, which I kind of like!

Re: Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

Silver Blues
Yeah dude this is a cool circuit. I made a sort of hotrodded Stingray/Sabre hybrid preamp for my Samick Stingray clone and it sounds absolutely sick.

EDIT actually here I might as well post it

Re: Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

doxasound
Dang it! Wish I saw this one! haha Thanks though!

Tried it today in a live set and my sound guy really liked this preamp! I've probably had 4 or 5 different preamps (sadowsky, stingray eq from sabrotone, stock preamp, etc) in my cheap ibanez bass (sr.... something. Has 2x humbuckers), but this one seems to do the job!

Re: Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

Silver Blues
Lol no worries! Yep I agree, it's got that certain je ne sais quoi that sounds really good! I've always liked 2-band preamps somewhat more than 3-banders, and the mods I made sound even better (it would be great if I could get a 1M reverse log pot with the correct dimensions for the instrument but the linear is okay.).

Re: Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

Paul_5
I built this and would like more bass boost, do I alter the value of the 10k or the 100k in the bass part of the circuit, or would a larger pot suffice?

Re: Fender Stingray | 2 band EQ | Bass Preamp

TCustom
Yeah. You should lower the R3 value to taste. It would be better if you put a 10k trimmer and find a sweet spot than change to a fix resistor.