First Tayda Order and an odd observation

First Tayda Order and an odd observation

smoss469
I received my first order from Tayda, took about 6 days to get here which was nice, however they did short me on transistors. They dropped the 0 on my order of MPSA18's and I only received 1 instead of 10. otherwise everything was there.

I'm confused by the 1M resistors I received though. None of them register on my DMM. All of the other resistors register just fine, but the 1M doesn't register at all, even on a much higher setting. Was just curious because the blue resistor makes it very hard to make out the color bands and wanted to make sure I got the right thing before sorting them and putting them in a tray.

Re: First Tayda Order and an odd observation

GoranP
That happens to me sometimes, with much lower resistance values. Dunno what to think of it, I usually blame my DMM.  :) Especially since I can't even remember when I changed the battery in it last...

What I do is I take two of the resistors that I have problems with, stick them on a breadboard and measure series and parallel resistance of the two. If I get double and half, they must be ok :)

Re: First Tayda Order and an odd observation

Madferret
I've had the same problem with Tayda 1M resistors, I think they were measuring around 700k, I just put it down to  a couple of bad resistors but to be honest I normally never measure them, it was only because I'd had to daisy chain a couple and wanted to check the final value.

Re: First Tayda Order and an odd observation

peeps
They just sent me 5 cheap, plastic on/off switches instead of 125b enclosures...

Re: First Tayda Order and an odd observation

GoranP

That sucks...

They'll make it right by you. I know it's not very helpful when you need a box for a build and now you need to wait a few more weeks but at least they set it straight.

I still like Tayda for their shipping cost and inventory. A hiccup or two is fine with me, I build for myself and have no schedule to mess up...

Re: First Tayda Order and an odd observation

smoss469
Yeah they robbed me out of $.81 by shorting me on transistors so they gave me $2 in credit to make up for it.

Not a bad swap.